dinsdag 27 april 2010

Terra




When I was in Madrid last year, I had a late lunch at Tragaluz' first Madrid establishment Bar Tomate.
I loved the interior, with its greyish/concrete wall that doubles as an open cabinet and terra coloured accents for chairs and dishes. I am usually not a lover of that color combination or of terracotta in particular, but since my lunch at Bar Tomate this is changing.

The terracotta reminded me of Tichelaar's Crockery series, designed by Lonny van Ryswyck and Nadine Sterk (Atelier NL) in 2009.




This project with Royal Tichelaar jumpstarted of the Drawn from Clay project by Atelier NL. It started by digging up, shaping and baking clay from different locations through the Netherlands. They created a beautiful series of plates and bowls in different colors and structures, showing the local identity of the area the clay was taken from. The result is a pottery’s service made from 6 different local Dutch clays.

P.S. The food at Bar Tomate was delicious!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten